Beechwood | Middle resistance | 130 gr.
Mahogany | Light resistance | 125 gr.
Beechwood | Heavy resistance | 140 gr.
Horn-Crafts Made and played by professionals.
What is a good horn mute?
The horn mute is often required in the musical repertory, a prime example being Gustav Mahler’s Seventh Symphony. It is imperative to have a mute that offers good sound, intonation and a secure feeling.
With mutes, the conversation often turns to resistance, because resistance often influences sound and intonation. The challenge in developing a good mute is to find the optimal balance of it’s attributes. Through cooperation with well-known professional hornists, it has been possible to build a mute that incorporates all of these qualities.
“The mute has a balanced, open sound with very good intonation throughout all registers. We’re especially pleased with the excellent articulation.”Daniel Adam, Solo Horn Deutsche Oper Berlin.
“Each mute has a little difference, good in low and high registers and a nice warm clear sound!”Takeshi Hidaka, NHK Tokio
“Can be played loudly without losing the characteristic muted color. Ideal for Mahler’s symphonies… Intonation is good, and it is balanced in all registers.”Premysl Vojta, Solo Horn Konzerthausorchesters Berlin, ARD Contest Winner 2010
• Vienna Philharmonic
• Gürzenich Orchestra Köln
• Royal Concertbuilding Orchestra Amsterdam
• Bamberger Symphoniker
• SWR Stuttgart
• WDR Köln, Germany
• NHK Tokyo
• Bruckner Orchester Linz
• Sinfonie Orchester NDR, Hamburg
• Finnish National Opera
• Deutsche Oper, Berlin
• Staatsoper Hannover
• Noord Nederlands Orkest Groningen
• Opera Aachen
• Bochumer Sinfoniker
• Harmonie st. Michael Thorn
• Christoph Eß
• Sebastian Schorr
• Stephan Schottstädt
• Timo Steininger
• Marcel Sobol, WDR Rundfunkorchester Köln
• Premysl Vojta, Solohornist Konzerthausorchesters Berlin, ARD Contest Winner 2010
• Fons Verspaandonk, Koninklijk Concertgebouw
• Takeshi Hidaka, NHK Tokyo
• Daniel Adam, Deutsche Oper Berlin
• Krzysztof Stencel, www.krzysztofstencel.com
• Christiaan Pöttinger, Bruckner Orchester Linz
• Rene Pagen, Residence Orchestra Den Haag
• Ralph Ficker, Staatsoper Hannover
• Erasmus Kowal, Staatsoper Hannover
• Hans van der Zanden, NNO Groningen
• Robin van Gemert, Opera Aachen
• Dave Claessen, NDR Sinfonie Orchester Hamburg
• Joost van der Elst, Bochumer Symphoniker
• William Melton, Opera Aachen
• Jody Lawson, Bochumer Symphoniker
• Klaus Fehr, Fehr French Horns
• Raymond Warnier, RSO Stuttgart
• German Horn Sound
• Deutsches Hornensemble (Oliver Kersken)
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to buy a mute. How do I proceed??
You can order your Horn-crafts directly throught our shop by using the following link: Buy now
Do the mutes have cords for quick changes??
A viscose rope cord is attached to the bottom plate for quick changes and easy handling in general.
What is the shipping time of the mutes??
We usually ship within 24 hours, and depending on your location you will have your french horn mute within 3 days.
Do the mutes fit in all brands of horns??
We guarantee that our mutes will fit in any bell, or you can return it for your money back.
What are your company details?
R.J.G. van Gemert
Pater Decaestraat 1,
6374 DS Landgraaf